Skimmer installed now what to do with floater

blaib

Jun 9, 2013
Hello all, thanks to several post/pictures and questions I installed my skimmer last night. Worked great, I cut the gasket and It makes since when you see the gasket. Anyway how do you guy's keep the floating chlorine basket out of the skimmer? I have the large one but it wants to park it's lazy rear in the skimmer opening.

Thanks
Brian

Are you talking about the puck floater?

We don't use them! That's how you keep it from parking it's lazy rear in the skimmer! :mrgreen:

I just put a few pucks in a floater myself (because I understand what they add and need the CYA ... so you?), and agree is usually parks itself at the skimmer while the pump is on, which is fine. And will float away when the pump is off.

The only concern I have for you is that the pucks would be sitting by your liner which could cause damage to it. I am not sure how liner folks avoid that.

Be gentle, he doesn't know he stepped on a land mine.

I used pucks and a floater exclusively for 25 years on my old pool. It works fine if you empty every fall and start fresh in the spring. I would tether the floater to a brick so it stayed in an area with decent water circulation but out of the higher use real-estate, specifically a few feet from a deep end return on the far side of the pool.

Now that I have a plaster pool that I can't empty, I still do the same thing with the same ancient floater when I use pucks to raise CYA or while on vacation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.