2 inch to 1 inch step down for slide

mk1

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2011
Miami Beach, FL
I am getting ready to plumb my Inter fab Adrenaline slide. My lines are 2 inch and the slide and valve pieces are all 1 inch.

Anything I need to know?

I was going to get a 2 inch- 1 1/2 inch tee and then put a 1 inch reducing bushing in it.
Good plan?

Thanks in advance....

I just finished installing a gently used Interfab slide on my pool. I ran 1.5" pipe off the filter (with an existing, but not longer used 3-way Jandy valve) about 80 feet to the slide. I reduced down to the 3/4" size that runs up the slide at the stub up. Frankly, this is total overkill. I can barely turn the valve up at all-- the water will basically shoot out sideways if it's that high. It's a fast slide, that's for sure! The whole plumbing setup probably cost me about $60 in parts and glue/primer. No big deal if you've done basic plumbing. You'll probably be fine reducing down early on and running 1 inch out to the slide, but if you want more flow, it's best to run the bigger pipe and neck down when you get to the slide. The cost difference is pretty negligible, maybe $10-$15 depending on the length of the run, number of elbows, etc. Curious, does yours use a valve at the slide for flow control?

8214166200128718589.jpg

We just ordered this slide!!!! Thanks for the pics; I was concerned how it would look next to the 6' high stockade fence, but from these pics, I don't think it will be an issue!!!!

We started out wanting the G-force, but then the kids came with me to the pool place to pick out the liner and they saw the X-treme 2 slide. The owner of the pool place told us the X-treme 2 is faster than the G-force. So that's what they wanted. Then I went online and saw the Adrenaline!! Well, if fast is what they want, fast is what they will get. The Adrenaline and G-force were the same installed price. The X-treme 2 was $600 cheaper. We went for the Adrenaline. Can't wait for it to be installed!

I have this slide as well...totally plumbed....it is a WILD RIDE!

As a note, by 1 HP (uprated) Pump on LOW is BARELY enough to drive this slide.

I have to turn off my 3 other returns to get good flow...

On HIGH - all is well...just to be aware.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.