I have a SWG-Reason to Super Chlorinate

Never. Shortens the life of the cell by running at 100%.
Use bleach if you need a temporary boost of FC (like before/after a party) or if you need to go through the SLAM process.

FC 4
CYA 70 (added more last night)
TA 90 (having issues with getting it down)
PH 7.2 in the morning 7.8-8.2 evenings
CH 300

I have been running my SWG at 10% until the FC came down to 2 and then i boosted it up-Im guessing it fell do to my CYA being low. it was also sunny and hot yesterday..

i was just asking if a pool with a SWG would ever SC ??

Define "super-chlorinate".

There is never a need to randomly add a bunch of chlorine once a week or something (like what people call "shocking"). Just maintain adequate FC which is a function of your CYA level.

With a CYA of 70ppm, you should NEVER let the FC drop below 3ppm, so I would try to keep it in the 5-6ppm range. IF you are going to have a high bather load, then preemptively add a few extra ppm using bleach to ensure the FC does not drop too low.

What would I recommend for what?

Yes, SC will just run your SWG at 100%, whether it will run for 24 hours depends on your pump and timer setup.
Again, I would not recommend to do that and would just use bleach if you need to bump the FC a little.

Most members test their water far more often than once a week as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're currently adjusting the CYA level - that's why you're testing CYA weekly?

The FC - when you're adjusting run time and learning how much is "enough" for your pool - by only testing FC weekly you may fall too low and risk an algae bloom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.