Adequate pump and filter?

Jul 3, 2008
Hello.
We purchased one of those Sand N Sun easy set vinyl pools from Walmart.
I've tested the water with the kit recommended on this site and the #'s were pretty good.
But we have some sort of sediment issue keeping the water cloudy and greenish brown (used well water) and my husband thinks our pump and filter isn't strong enough. I already super duper shocked it in case it was algae.
I don't know the pump size. But the manual says it pumps 2000 GPH and it's a 6100 gallon pool (18' X 48"). The filter cartridge is a 7 sq. ft -8"X 4 3/4" O.D. in size. Just looking at the intake area there is no doubt water is easily and heavily going into the filter.
Today I'll try to determine if we have a metal issue.
But my other job today is determine if the pump and filter are adequate before he spends more money that may not help our situation.
Thanks.

Lukelou said:
Hello.
We purchased one of those Sand N Sun easy set vinyl pools from Walmart.
I've tested the water with the kit recommended on this site and the #'s were pretty good.
But we have some sort of sediment issue keeping the water cloudy and greenish brown (used well water) and my husband thinks our pump and filter isn't strong enough. I already super duper shocked it in case it was algae.
I don't know the pump size. But the manual says it pumps 2000 GPH and it's a 6100 gallon pool (18' X 48"). The filter cartridge is a 7 sq. ft -8"X 4 3/4" O.D. in size. Just looking at the intake area there is no doubt water is easily and heavily going into the filter.
Today I'll try to determine if we have a metal issue.
But my other job today is determine if the pump and filter are adequate before he spends more money that may not help our situation.
Thanks.

Some people with the smaller intex easy set pool filters have complained, but eventually I believe most have been able to clear the water with proper water chemistry. A few have chosen to upgrade to small sand filters.

The important thing is to have a few of the cartridges on hand, so you can keep a clean one in there while the other one is being hosed off or cleaned in a soak-solution. If you have good water flow then that's a good sign.

After you get the water tested for metals, post all your results so we can see what's happening. It's also a good idea to update your "profile" to include your pool information in your signature.....

Welcome to TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.