Deck Jets

kchamp

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2014
Central MA
Just curious about the deck jets. PB states we have up until plumbing day to decide to add them and construction is supposed to start next week (fingers crossed!!). For $250 each it is the only water feature we could afford at this point (all extra money went to larger pool size).

Were thinking of adding 2-3 and trying to decide if worth it. Are they more for little kids or does everyone seem to like them? We have a teen and tween...

Are they a hassle to put on and off?

Thanks for any input!!

We have four deck jets. Two single-stream jets that are on opposite sides from each other and two multi-stream jets that are both on the back side of the pool. We like them a lot. The kids, teens, love them. The single-stream jets land in the volleyball "court" and add a fun twist to games. The back-side jets are nice even when we're not in the pool. It is not a hassle at all to turn them on and off.

We have three of them pointed to the center of the deep end, which I think looks good. Initially my wife did not think they were worth the cost, but has since changed her mid. The kids love them of course.

As far as turning on and off, depends on how far you value is from the pool. Mine is under my deck, so I got the wireless unit for my panel, so I can turn them on and off from my phone or ipad.

I have 4, 2 spaced equally on each long side. All 4 aimed at one center point in the pool. Kids love playing in it, I love hearing it. Even when no one is swimming I will run them just for the sound.

I put six in to have some noise and action if we wanted it. I didn't care for any of the cascade options we had with our simple rectangle design. We love them, easy on/off as the valve is wired to the pool cover key, can also be run manually at the pad. I'll see if i can find a pic.

J.

Took a few photos today.

These are the multi-stream jets at the back of the pool:
deckjet-1.jpg

deckjet-2.jpg

And these are the single-stream jets (still need to aim them a little better) :)

deckjet-3.jpg

deckjet-4.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I couldn't find any pics of the jets on my computer, I will have to take some this weekend.

As far as closing, after I drain the skimmer and pump and open all the valves up I squirt some RV antifreeze back down the jets with a squeeze bottle. It has worked so far, in NM, with freezing temps, but my deck gets full sun all day everyday.

Here is a pic of my plumbing, on the left you can see the six flow control valves that I can adjust flow or turn off individual jets when the big valve before it is open and running the jets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.