How many pucks in a 25 lb bucket?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
calm down... im not leaving the BBB method.... Im just curious how much $$$ im saving. From my understanding most folks using trichlor are going through 6 pucks per week on average.

so how many 3 inch trichlor pucks are in a 25 lb bucket?

calm down... im not leaving the BBB method....
Laughed out loud on that one!!

Use the search box and search for "cost comparison." You'll find that on a per ppm FC, the pucks might be a little cheaper, but you also have to factor in the constant addition of some type of pH increaser and alkalinity increaser to compensate for the pucks' acidity. Once you do all the math, bleach usually wins. If you can swing a good deal on bleach (ie, the Menards BOGO type of price), then it's not even close.

Laughed out loud on that one!!

Use the search box and search for "cost comparison." You'll find that on a per ppm FC, the pucks might be a little cheaper, but you also have to factor in the constant addition of some type of pH increaser and alkalinity increaser to compensate for the pucks' acidity. Once you do all the math, bleach usually wins. If you can swing a good deal on bleach (ie, the Menards BOGO type of price), then it's not even close.

backing up what was already said, pucks usually weigh 7-8 oz each, and don't forget they will drive up your CYA and consequently your recommended FC level. factor in the exponential additional need or the occasional pool water change and re-balance and why were we discussing pucks again?

I just put 3 in my SWG pool over the weekend ... am I going to be lynched? :D

I just happen to know they will add about 5 of the 10ppm of CYA i want to add ... And will help a bit with the pH rise I have been seeing. Probably will add a few more next week too :shock:

I just put 3 in my SWG pool over the weekend ... am I going to be lynched? :D

I just happen to know they will add about 5 of the 10ppm of CYA i want to add ... And will help a bit with the pH rise I have been seeing. Probably will add a few more next week too :shock:

Don't worry, we won't lynch you -- yet! Most of us know that pucks/tabs have their uses, although limited. Last year I tied my floater in front of a return and used pucks to give me the CYA I needed to add....essentially what you are doing. So I guess I'm in line for that same lynching?

Remind me to start a thread on what we can repurpose the empty bleach jugs for........

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't worry, we won't lynch you -- yet! Most of us know that pucks/tabs have their uses, although limited. Last year I tied my floater in front of a return and used pucks to give me the CYA I needed to add....essentially what you are doing. So I guess I'm in line for that same lynching?

Remind me to start a thread on what we can repurpose the empty bleach jugs for........
there's nothing wrong with using the occasional puck/tablet, you just have to remember to factor in EVERYTHING they do to your water chemistry. as for empty bleach jugs, I can't think of a use for that many.........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.