Recalibrating pH sensor

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
Since opening the pool, my pH sensor has been consistently reporting a pH of 7.5. It occasionally goes up to 7.6, but the acid dispenser gets it back down to 7.5 quickly.

Over the past several days, when testing the water I have been getting a pH of 7.2. I have 2 test kits (K-2005 and TF-100) and they both read 7.2. My test kits are close to 2 years old. Would the reagents in the kits have degraded and give inaccurate readings?

Last year, the pH sensor and my testing were always very close. Of course, the pH sensor was stored in the house over the winter (tip in water). So, maybe that has caused it to need to be recalibrated?

I have recalibrated the pH sensor to reflect my actual pH readings. If the experts think my test results may be inaccurate please let me know so I can re-recalibrate the pH sensor.

Both the PH sensor and the test kits have about a two year lifetime. If the probe is 2 years old or older it is time to replace the probe. Otherwise, I would order a fresh bottle of the PH test reagent, and not worry about it until that shows up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.