TF-100 Test Results-please advise

May 5, 2014
by that Big Arch
24 foot by 4 Round Vinyl at 90% capacity (12150 gallons)
71 degree temp water
8psi filter pressure

ph=7.2
cl=5
br=10
tc=5
cc=0
fc=5
ch=375
ta=120
cya=30

running pool math calculator it shows to add 20 mule team borax..have not added anything until I hear from you guys..please advise

crystal clear all the way to the bottom which for the first time in years (thanks to this site) you can see your feet and the bottom of the pool..now I/we were gone for 2 days with pool pump off and when we got home we cleaned it up as best we could (brushing, etc)..still have some leaves to removes (50mph wind and hail did not help last night) but we are getting real close but at least we could finally see the dirt on the bottom (thanks a ton guys)...i did add 1 more gallon of 12.3% shock even though high temps here starting tomorrow are going from highs near 90 degrees to the 60's

ps: panty hose "sock" filter in the skimmer is one fine idea..I robbed all her tights I could find (she was not happy) but that cheapo filter trapped a lot of the nasty pollen/leaf debris we had floating on top (pump filter basket stayed clean..yippee)..the "sock" does seem to work well

Everything is looking good BUT your CH is bordering the high side so make sure no one puts any more Cal Hypo in the pool. I assume you added liquid chlorine when you said a gallon of shock but always best to confirm.

Also, when you get a chance, it's always a good idea to add your pool info in your signature so folks can better help. Sounds like you're in for an awesome swim season.

I will add 1 pound (measured on scale-placed in sock to slowly dissolve) of cya (buying the cheap stuff at kmart) later this week..i will run the gamut of tests next week or so as we are expecting highs in the 60's tomorrow (where did summer go?)...right now pool is crystal clear to the floor and all that is left is vacuuming the remaining..sock filter in skimmer is working great (whoever mentioned panty hose i say thank you)...personally i detest pools and swimming but I have to admit this have been fun and well the kid and her will have an enjoyable swim year...Tf100 worth the cost, sock filter while gimmicky works, speed stir worth every dime, aerator to follow soon..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
latest results
water temp-64.1
FC-6.5
CH-325
TA-120
PH-7.5
CYA-will wait a week then retest
heavy rain here (3 inches) with chemistry affect minimal to zilch at best
crystal clear to bottom-I may add 12 ounces of 12.5% liquid chlorine as right now with pollen/leaves I want to hang with FC near 7..results look terrific to me

Everything looks good from here. Your CYA addition, did you shoot for 50 ? If you did target your FC 7-8 and don't let it fall below 4.
Your correct about the rain having no effects on your chemistry. You would have to have A LOT of rain or runoff into your water to have an effect on your chemistry.
If your having a lot of pollen try using the knee high over the skimmer basket. On high pollen days check it often as it will catch a lot of junk and can restrict flow to your pump. ?

CYA right now is near 30 (I know very subjective test with the black dot)..id like to be around 35ish as summer we do get a lot of sunny days..right now it is cloudy and miserable for next week..I plan on adding 1 measured pound and do the test after a week..then adjust accordingly to get near 35ish (if CYA hits 40 I can be Ok with that)

ps: turned pump filter off and limited backwash from here on out llike its suppose to be (its happy at 10psi)

Yes 40 would be a good place to be with your CYA. you'll get more protection from the sun then. Just adjust your FC level accordingly.
I just thought you were going to 50 by the prior advice from Jason. Whatever the level you end up with make sure you give yourself some wiggle room with targeting FC so you don't fall below your min FC. ?

added 1 pound of CYA today (sock in skimmer method I measured about 30ish)....i am losing about 2ppm of chlorine per day..will add 42oz of chlorine tonight (2.5FC with 0.CC)..water is crystal clear to bottom but am fighting tree seeds, wind, T-storms (typical stuff)..pool store has made comments about what we are doing this year..I am no longer pool store screwed...thanks for all the advice/help-god speed

CYA is finally above 40 (42ish)
cc=0
fc=1
water temp at 59.9 degrees..yeah global warming my butt

will add 61oz of 12.5% tonight..we have been hit here with a week of T-storms and I have not added any chlorine..water crystal clear to bottom after a thourogh cleaning (leaves from storms/etc)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.