Ist pool opening with deck!

waterbugs57

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 17, 2012
SW Pennsylvania
Hi all! I love this site, it has helped me from the start. I opened my pool a couple of days ago and I have to say working from a deck is a lot easier. I ran my tests today 2 FC, .5 CC, TA 60, CH 40, CYA 30, PH 7.2. Starting with 2 lbs of stabilizer in a sock. 1 1/2 bottles of 6% bleach (96oz bottles) 58 oz of borax? Any feedback on my interpretation would be great.-Melinda
Ps Thank you for the advice in closing the pool last fall.

If your CYA is 30 why do you want to raise it higher? You don't really need to raise your pH as it will probably come up a little on its own over time, so you don't need the borax either. Just keep an eye on the pH and if it drops turn the return eye upward to aerate the water and raise the pH. Add you bleach as needed and you should be good to go!

It appears that they are seeking targets for TFPC recommended by PoolMath. Is that correct waterbugs57? If so a target is a target are we to be happy with hitting the outer ring of archery target or hitting the bulls eye.

waterbugs57, how much sun does your pool receive during the day ? If it gets a good amount of sun taking you CYA level to 40 will put you at the middle of the CYA range. You'll lose less FC to burn off from the sun. I get a good 10 hrs of sun on my pool and my CYA level is 40. I feel that's a good spot for me. I lose anywhere between 2-3.5 ppm a day depending on bather load for that day.
Don't sweat that PH of 7.2. It's in an acceptable range. ?

Thanks all! Stump, this is still pretty new for me and I get your message, I don't want to get obsessed. pwrstrk, my pool gets sun all day, so I was shooting for a mid range and I tend to forget that aeration will raise my PH so thanks for that zea3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.