Thinking about a new grill

Signet 70 Gas Grill with Rotisserie Burner is the one I would personally choose. I would love to have a grill with a rotisserie on it! On grills I look at it doesn't really matter if it has a side burner or not. The one we have now has one and I have never used it but I shoure would trade it for a rotisserie though ..... :wink: JMO

I have a signet 70, about two weeks old and it replaced a 25+ year old BBQ so I hope it lasts half as long. Happy with it so far and the three burners give good control. Tried smoking my first time this week-end (I know, 'can't smoke on gas'). With chips over one burner set at medium(only one on), the grill stayed at 300 degrees. The roast came out great for my first time, but I still need some practice. Haven't even tried the rotisserie yet.

Of the online reviews I read, most detractors didn't like the plastic shelves and varios other parts, but I was looking for something that wasn't all stainless/cast.

Very happy so far, but haven't had it long. Hope this helps!

Just a word of warning.

According to Consumer Reports, the Broil King Signet 90 is dangerous and should not be used. During their tests, one of the Signet 90's firebox's melted and dripped molten metal in the area of the propane tank :oops: , and another one's firebox cracked during testing.

The Signet 70 was not listed so I am not sure about it.

Tdog said:
Just a word of warning.

According to Consumer Reports, the Broil King Signet 90 is dangerous and should not be used. During their tests, one of the Signet 90's firebox's melted and dripped molten metal in the area of the propane tank :oops: , and another one's firebox cracked during testing.

The Signet 70 was not listed so I am not sure about it.

There is a factory fix that has been available since shortly after the report. It involves the Signet and Sovereign lines. Mine came with the fix already installed. Would be a good idea to check any unit to make sure it's there. Very easy to install yourself if you have to get one from the manufacturer.

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/notice_us.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.