Green water in the pool

IMHO what is that?
I will try to keep the FC at 20 I think half of pool the bleach i have been putting in there LOL in the last week . but you know what the maetal stains that i get often are nit back i bet you if i had used algeside the stains would have been back by now ..? dont ya think ?/

rezasaba said:
IMHO what is that?
I will try to keep the FC at 20 I think half of pool the bleach i have been putting in there LOL in the last week . but you know what the maetal stains that i get often are nit back i bet you if i had used algeside the stains would have been back by now ..? dont ya think ?/

Yes, algaecide frequently causes stains. Your CH hardness level may also be helping protect your pool from the stains...who knows.

IMHO - in my honest opinion

All that "bleach" is mostly saltwater.....hehehehehehe so no worries, besides half the people around here are going to saltwater anyway LOL We're almost there ourselves!

rezasaba said:
some day ya need to tell me about salt water ?? later thanx for all the help i wondered if you see my posts LOL , do ya check all the post by all people or hoe does this thing work ??

I go to this link and read the various posts, I'm helping a few people when I can. I'm a stay at home mom, so in the summer, when I'm not doing the SAHM stuff, if I'm not in my sparkly pool (thanks to TFP) I'm on here, returning the favor, so to speak, "pay it forward" or whatever you want to call it.

search.php?search_id=newposts

Hi
it is around 3 pm in the afternoon and i just checked the #s here they are
FC=11
CC=0.5
TC = 11.5
the # dropped from FC=20ppm this morning to 11 ppm. I know you said add the bleaech after sunset . question is what happens to the algea if there is still some in the pool between now and 7 oclock tonight when the sun is down. ?? will it grow back ?? these #s are identical to may #s from last night to this morning ? ok i go cut the grass then i will be back :rant: :wave:

rezasaba said:
Hi
it is around 3 pm in the afternoon and i just checked the #s here they are
FC=11
CC=0.5
TC = 11.5
the # dropped from FC=20ppm this morning to 11 ppm. I know you said add the bleaech after sunset . question is what happens to the algea if there is still some in the pool between now and 7 oclock tonight when the sun is down. ?? will it grow back ?? these #s are identical to may #s from last night to this morning ? ok i go cut the grass then i will be back :rant: :wave:

IMHO I would add bleach to increase the number now and not wait. Then check it again later this evening when the sun goes down. Make sure it's still at shock level and if it's not, add more bleach until it is. Then check again in the a.m.

Others who know more than me will chime in I'm sure. I've just learned from fighting algae myself that you want to keep those numbers up no matter the time of day. Don't give the algae a chance! It's lurking around just waiting for the FC level to drop so it can SWIM!!!!

Yup, good advice. If you or someone is home during the day and can check and add more, then by all means bring it back up to shock level. IT will speed up the process. Alot of people who work during the day can only add in the evenings, before work or on weekends.

Chlorine is most effective at night without the UV rays couteracting it, but by all means to help things along, go ahead and add bleach now. :goodjob:

it is 6:00 pm just came back from a swim for the forst time in a week . WOW told the kids to splash around to get the ALK down LOL . just checked it again the FC= 10 the CC=0.5 and the TC is 10.5 there was no visible sign of algea like this morning so I added 2.5 gallons + of Bleach and I will check it again in 2 hours . Thanx for all your help couldnt ahve done it without yous , I think so far I spent about $40 worth of Bleach. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rezasaba said:
it is 6:00 pm just came back from a swim for the forst time in a week . WOW told the kids to splash around to get the ALK down LOL . just checked it again the FC= 10 the CC=0.5 and the TC is 10.5 there was no visible sign of algea like this morning so I added 2.5 gallons + of Bleach and I will check it again in 2 hours . Thanx for all your help couldnt ahve done it without yous , I think so far I spent about $40 worth of Bleach. :p

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your pool while the FC was down. I've not been able to do that for 3 weeks now! :cry:

You are doing great! Keep it up! :goodjob:

the pool water is fnally clear!!!!!! thanks for all ur help fustrattedmom and austinsmom!!! it used to be as green as the plants arounf the pool now its blue as the sky!!! :goodjob: :lol:
Picture.jpg

frustratedpoolmom said:
OH it's a beauty! Worth the wait to see the pic!!! :goodjob:
Thank you frusratedmom for helpinh me in getting the pool clear i came home at noon today and i could not believe what i saw WOW now i need to fig. how to keep it clear not to foget my daoughter for posting the picture i could not done it . :goodjob:

BEE U T FULL!!!! Love Love Love it! Wish mine was as nice! So glad you're enjoying it again!!!! Now you're on the good side! I'm sure you'll do fine now that you know what to do. This site is GREAT! :goodjob: :sun: :party: :whoot:

PS. They need to add your pic to the slideshow!

austinsmom01 said:
BEE U T FULL!!!! Love Love Love it! Wish mine was as nice! So glad you're enjoying it again!!!! Now you're on the good side! I'm sure you'll do fine now that you know what to do. This site is GREAT! :goodjob: :sun: :party: :whoot:

PS. They need to add your pic to the slideshow!
Thanx Again for your help . I have told whole bunch of people about this site .i just need to keep reading,, the water was so green last Sat. I thought i will never see the clear water , my water still needs 5% to the full clear level ,but its an improvment to what it was , it was as green as the plants around the pool. i Brushed it 2 times a day, and lots of bleachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, That is why i am considering getting a auto. pool cleaner.

The nearest I can determine the CC is to the 0.5 how can i get it to 0.1 as the site suggests??

Regardless of the sun or cloud the FC is consummed from the pool water , therfore at what point do I bring my FC levels down to normal level for my type of pool? keep in mind I do not see and sign of algea . given the fact, not all of the chlorine is consumed by algea and some are consumed by other contaminants . Therefore between test one will loose FC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.