Question about Backwashing

et3sw

May 11, 2014
Houston ,TX
Hey Everyone!!

I am currently fighting a very cloudy pool. I can't even see the bottom :(

I took everything apart today and cleaned all of the grids like normal but i am noticing a issue. When backwashing, my little window does not seem to be getting cloudy and dirty like normal. This is the reason why i cleaned i figured it may have just been caked on there but now that everything is clean it is making me wonder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to TFP. I'm assuming you have a sand filter? It would be great if you could add your Pool Specs to your signature so everyone knows what kind of toys you're playing with and we won't have to ask every time you post. :D :goodjob: What we need to know to answer your questions

Next up is, do you have a good test kit? It's not a matter of do you want one? It's a matter of... You need one! There are 2 to choose from. Test Kit Comparison

And Last but not certainly least... Pool School! So much information that you'll be cheating yourself out of beautiful pool water if you don't arm yourself with information.

If you look deep, you'll find all your questions answered but you're certainly, more than welcome to ask anything and everything you want to know about! :D Someone will be with you soon to help with your filtering needs.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome to TFP !
A lot of times cloudy water leads to water chemistry problems. If you invest in one of these Test Kits you will be able to take control of your pool. After you get the kit post up a full set of results and we can help guide you to sparkly clear water.
Is your filter a DE filter as state cleaning the grids ? ?

Welcome to TFP. I'm assuming you have a sand filter? It would be great if you could add your Pool Specs to your signature so everyone knows what kind of toys you're playing with and we won't have to ask every time you post. :D :goodjob: What we need to know to answer your questions

Next up is, do you have a good test kit? It's not a matter of do you want one? It's a matter of... You need one! There are 2 to choose from. Test Kit Comparison

And Last but not certainly least... Pool School! So much information that you'll be cheating yourself out of beautiful pool water if you don't arm yourself with information.

If you look deep, you'll find all your questions answered but you're certainly, more than welcome to ask anything and everything you want to know about! :D Someone will be with you soon to help with your filtering needs.

Hope you enjoy the site!

Thank you!

I am looking at the links as we speak.

Sorry, that is a pretty important question..Which i shouldn't have left out :). It is a DE Filter.

Welcome to TFP !
A lot of times cloudy water leads to water chemistry problems. If you invest in one of these Test Kits you will be able to take control of your pool. After you get the kit post up a full set of results and we can help guide you to sparkly clear water.
Is your filter a DE filter as state cleaning the grids ? ��

Hi pwrstrk! Yep it is a DE Filter

I will go ahead and get the test samples and post them here in a little bit

Another thing that is worth noting.

I just went outside to backwash again as the filter has been running all night. It sure looks like after i put the DE in, that the DE was coming out of the Jets. My Multi-Port has only 3 settings. 1 - Normal Operation, 2 - Backwash, 3 - To waste.

When it is in normal operation, the filter is working, Has Pressure, Water is returned to jets.
When it is backwashing, Filter has pressure and is going to out to the curb
When it is To Waste, Filter has no pressure and water is going straight to curb

It appears that the multipart is working correctly. Is their a directional flow in the inside that i could have possibly screwed up when cleaning the grids? Everything went back together smoothly

So here is something else. I just took it apart. Everything looked good. Nothing broken and everything is seated correctly. I ran the pump with the top off to see if it was actually backwashing and it was. This time i could see crud coming through the window port.

I did notice the air vent at the top of the manifold was clogged so i cleaned that out.

Put everything back together but the tops are not sealed correctly so it is leaking :(

I will report here after church and i can take it back apart again and reseal it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.