CPSC24 low chlorine output

LWillis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
I have a CPSC24 that has worked great for 2 seasons. This season it did well for the first 2 weeks, but now has a very low chlorine output. I can increase or decrease the desired chlorine output (10-100%), but it seems this has no effect. Regardless of what level I select, the chlorine output level shown in the display doesn't go above 10%. So whatever I select, the actual output doesn't go above 10%. I've contacted Compupool but do not have a response yet. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys, I've been on a business trip in Europe and just got back. My water temp is 70 degrees so I sort of ruled that out. But JasonLion got me to thinking. I was able to check the control box on the SWG and for some reason it is showing the pool temp to be 159 Degrees!!! So it must think the water is too hot and therefore not outputting the requested chlorine output.

So does anyone have any idea if the CPSC24 can be recalibrated, or is the temp sensor something I can replace??

I don't want to leave this thread hanging so wanted to post what the outcome was. While the SWG had a low output I've been maintaining my pool by manually adding chlorine.

I called the U.S.A. number for CompuPool. The tech was actually pretty helpful and friendly. When I explained the problem she immediately seemed familiar and quickly concluded it was the PCB board. She said since I was starting my 3rd season that a pro-rated cost to replace would be $100. Since I would easily spend that in chlorine and supplies over the summer I was actually pleased to get what I thought was a reasonable replacement price for the board. They have mailed it out and is on it's way. I'm anxious to get it switched out and the SWG back in operation again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.