Our 27' round deck build

Jun 17, 2011
Central Iowa
After our pool build last summer we needed to build a deck around it for function and more importantly safety/insurance. We used a stock plan from Menards and caught a 11% off sale on everything so saved almost $500! We hired out the hole dig and setting post due to the 12" hole requirement and our lack of equipment for that. We plan to complete the rest ourselves.
Took the day off yesterday and got the support beams in place. It was a muddy mess in the morning but fresh legs help with that. Calling for rain the next 3-4 days but hoping its spotty. It's just dh and I so the quicker we knock this out the better!
http://s1131.photobucket.com/user/maieranne/library/Pool%20deck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hoping mine looks as good as yours! Hubby is excited to get it done and I'm taking a hands off approach!

Whew! Now stain????

I would like to try and match up to the house in some way though I have been told that solid and semi solid stain does not adhere well to treated wood. The support post to our deck attached to home are stained a dark color though transparent. Will that dark color be too hot for pool deck?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.