I am debating on using all glass tiles in my spa.

Feb 14, 2014
Texas
I am debating on using all glass tiles in my spa. Please help me understand the advantages and disadvantages of using tile vs plaster. My pool builder says glass tile in the spa will leak water and be hard, sharp and uncomfortable vs plaster. Thoughts?

Glass tile is especially difficult to install, and fairly expensive. It is also possible to break, leaving sharp edges. But they look amazing.

I don't recommend using glass tile in the seating area of the spa. I figure if you are going to pay for glass, put it somewhere that everyone one will see it, perhaps the outside of the spa, rather than somewhere partially hidden by water.

I am now at the stage where plaster begins. The plaster company is expressing concern with using plaster on the inside spa lip. The plaster company says it will crack and is recommending tile to be put there. Has anyone went with plaster on an inner edge like this? Please see the attached picture. Part of me wonders if the plaster company just does not want to try to get the inner corners evenly plaster out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.