jeanneia

May 9, 2014
spring Hill, fl
Please start your own thread as I have done for you. Do not hi-jack another's thread.

Hey,
looking for some help ! I just had my pool resurfaced 30 days ago. we just went swimming and the sides of pool and the bottom in some areas feel like sand paper can someone tell me what this is and how do you fix ?????

Welcome to the forum. :lol: It is impossible to guess. You need to tell us more.

Can you post a set of test results? Is your water clear? Can you see this roughness on the pool surfaces?

My guess is you are dealing with calcium scale. That said, because your plaster is new, I am probably not the best to advise on how to get rid of it. Was the water clear when you were swimming? Can you see the roughness or just feel it?

30 days in and your Stabilizer is through the roof already but they are pool store numbers.... Have you considered testing your pool water yourself and taking charge?

How many times a day are you brushing your new finish?

Welcome to TFP!

yes the water was clear and no you cant see the roughness when you rub your had up against the wall it feels like sand ? living in Florida we do have high calcium build up in our water in the house so may be your right about that ? but like I said in the past 10 years this was not a problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

I brush 2 times a day... I tired to test myself with those test strips ??? I'm not so good at that is there a problem with testing at a store ?

During the first 30 days with fresh plaster you need to adjust the PH daily. That is difficult to do without your own test kit. Later on, various issues can come up that require fairly rapid responses least you get algae, again this is difficult to do without your own test kit. Finally, pool stores have a distinct tendency to have unreliable testing. By doing your own testing you can insure you are getting reliable results every time.

You need a test kit that has fas-dpd powder if you want to take control , tf-100 from here or the more expensive taylor k-2006 , the pool store kits don't measure up.

But let me ask this , who put in your chemicals after the replaster ? And have you approached the pool builder / plasterer re the roughness you are feeling , what surface is it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.