Pressure problems

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
Hi all. Opened up yesterday. Was a heavy winter in New England, so water was not as clear as prior years. Spend a lot of time pulling leaves, etc out of the pool before start up. Started up and all systems appeared to be working well. After a few hours, filter pressure went up to around 30 psi and our Paramount water valve pressure would drop from the required 20 psi to 10 (and lower). Have back washed twice, after each time filter pressure goes to normal (28 psi) and Paramount SwingJet water valve goes up to 20, but again pressure continues to drop after running for awhile. Water is clearing, but still needs to be vaccumed and cleaned up some more. Am I losing pressure because of this and need to continue back washing (and vacuum) or is there something else going on that's causing the pressure in filter to climb and water valve to drop significantly? Thanks!

It sounds like the filter is doing its job, how long are you backwashing each time, it seems many people do not back wash for long enough, so I am just guessing this might be your issue.

Ike

Hmmm, ok, had hoped it might just be an iterative process since the water is still clearing up. Since pressure returns to normal after I backwash, I'm thinking its not equipment related (as I would think if it were, pressure wouldn't ever get up to normal). Any thoughts on what it could be?

Hi. I have not tested yet as I just opened yesterday afternoon. Will do that tomorrow. I know I should be running 24/7 after opening, but a, concerned that running with the pressure not correct is bad, so have not been. Assume this is the right approach?

You want to backwash when needed and not let the pressure get to high, but without knowing levels, and not having any chlorine in it chances are you are going to be loosing any headway you might have made as things can start to grow fast in an open pool if the water is warm enough. Step one should be getting the pH right, then since the water is not clear, you need to start the SLAM process and continue until it is clear and you have no excess chlorine loss

Hi all. Sorry for the delayed reply, the rest of the weekend was crazy busy. Anyway, did another backwash Sat morning (and vaccumed) and the pressure has been spot on since then. Appreciate the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.