SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Question originally posted in Summer Escapes Pro Series 13x22 rectangular questions

Hello,
I am new to this group. First I just want to say that your idea Jamison04 is amazing. I am getting ready next week to convert my pro series 20ft x 48in pool to the sand and salt water system. I have been going over ideas for weeks on YouTube trying to figure out the easiest way to do this. I seen so many good ideas but some where so complicated to do and was looking for the easiest way without going broke. I am so happy I found how you converted yours and I am so happy finely a very simple way. My original pump that came with the pool is still working but I personally don't like it. I have the kokido scooba vac. I love it but after a while it doesn't seem to be sucking up all because of the pump. But I just wanted to say your idea is great and can't wait to try it out next week.

Welcome to TFP PoolMother6! So glad you joined and could find some useful post on your modifications. If you need help, post here and we'll be glad to assist you! Take pics and post them too! We love pics!!! :mrgreen:

Hello everyone,
I am new to this group. I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me with. Well I have a 20ftx48in proseries pool. It is 8,000gal and I have the original horrible motor that came with it. This is my 3rd season with this pool and I still had the original motor. But about a week ago it finally went which I am kind of happy about cause I said I didn't want to buy a new pump until then. So I am looking to purchase in about a week an Intex 2650 GPH Easy Set Sand Pool Filter Pump. I have seen many videos on how to convert them, they all have really good ideas. But I am looking for the most easiest way without going broke to do this. My question really is when I convert it over can I still keep the same return on my pool, I really do not want to cut a bigger hole in it, afraid I may mess up and mess up my liner. My pool right now is still pretty clear, just a slight foggy but still pretty clear, I do have some stuff in the bottom of the pool but i am not really worried about that cause I will get it all cleaned out when I convert it over. I really do love my pool but hate having to mess with the paper cartridges. I seen so many have said how they love their sand filters. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Casey. I will definitely post pics a little later unfortunately I can't right now due to my broken foot. But on the bright side rather it happen now cause my cast should be off next week then in the summer and miss out on swimming.

Welcome!

Here you will find just about anything you would ever want to know about pools.

May I suggest that you read Pool School (link in the upper right of every page here), as well? You can't find any better way to keep your pool looking clean, clear, and very inviting for swimming, and all at minimal cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe... so sorry to hear about your foot! But you're right about being able to enjoy the pool this summer! As Charlie mentioned, read up on Pool School! :D

A couple of things:

Does your current pump hang on the side of your pool, below a skimmer? If it does, there are adapters available through Amazon.com to help with the conversion.

This one will take the place of the pump, I believe.

These will allow connections from the adapter and pool fitting to the hoses for the sand filter. One word of caution, though. there have been some reports of these slipping off, so you would have to check them every time you use the pool to make sure they are still tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.