Difficulty connecting to Pentair interface

Jul 30, 2013
Re: Pentair iPad / iPhone interface

Split from Pentair Ipad Iphone interface

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I do not have any knowledgeable pentair dealers in the area on the latest technology. All are old school. I picked up the adapter on sunplay, easy plug and play to get it connecting locally and works great. I cannot, however, connect to it remotely. Was on hold with pentair tech support for over an hour and the guy i got on the phone basically told me tough luck, it's a network problem. I'm in the IT field so fairly knowledgeable, especially regarding my own network but there's little to no documentation on how this works for remote access. He suggested opening ports but i'm not sure that's needed based on other comments. I'm not pointing the app to my external IP address and i see log information regarding relay servers, etc. Can someone give me the skinny on what it's trying to do? Register itself with a Pentair relay, and then what? Any tips to get this working remotely?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a problem like that recently, but can't remember the specifics. However, the solution was a drop down menu from the desktop version that offered to login as admin. did not have a password setup yet but just select that option and it began to work. See if that helps. Also resetting the router, modem, force close the app on your phone and restarting (you must force close through settings, but you know that). All of these go a long, long way in resolving login issues.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.