LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Polaris pool cleaner which uses a corrugated white hose for the water inlet. This hose only seems to last about a year before getting brittle and cracking which causes leakage. I was wondering if anyone has come across an alternative hose which has a longer life. It is really frustrating to pay $7 per ft. for a hose that does not last.
Any comments?

I haven't had that issue with the feed hose getting brittle so I can't comment on that. However, if you're paying $70 for the 10 ft hose you're overpaying. Amazon has 10 ft of the D-45 feed hose for $25.

I have had issues with the tail hose getting small holes and needing to be replaced.

I have had issues with the tail hose getting small holes and needing to be replaced.

I just replaced my 280 tail sweep for the same reason. The tail weights had been rubbing the plaster in the same place for 2+ years until they wore flat, then rubbed a hole in the tail hose. The instructions that came with the replacement recommend twisting the weights and wear rings periodically so that they wear more evenly. Never heard that before, but it makes some sense.

I just replaced my 280 tail sweep for the same reason. The tail weights had been rubbing the plaster in the same place for 2+ years until they wore flat, then rubbed a hole in the tail hose. The instructions that came with the replacement recommend twisting the weights and wear rings periodically so that they wear more evenly. Never heard that before, but it makes some sense.

I had the same issue in the fall. I just noticed a hole in the 6 month old hose yesterday and all the tail weights are still round. No clue how I got this hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.