Ladder Removal

jimi

May 9, 2014
Wilmington,NC
I have an inground pool. I had it installed about 2 years ago. This is the first time I've needed to remove the ladder in the deep end. I started by lifting the domes on the legs, and removing the long bolt that was going into the concrete. I tried wiggling and lifting up on each side, also had a helper assist, but it didn't even move. The legs in the water came up a bit, but that was it.

Is there something I am missing? Is there a release, or something that I am supposed to be pushing? Looking into where the bolts came out of, I can see a white round piece, which I guess attaches to the cup, but nothing that is holding.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Welcome to TFP! Although I can not assist you, someone should be around soon to help!

What you did is everything needed to remove the ladder from my own inground pool. I just loosen the bolts and pull the ladder up. The bolts essentially close a clamp the holds the ladder.

I would say try a rubber mallet, as it's probably just stuck, but am hesitant to officially suggest that until and unless at least one pool professional here (Jason?) agrees with me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The bolts pull up a wedge that locks the rail in place. Put the screw back in a few threads and tap it down to push the wedge down.

That and I had to unbolt and remove the 3 stairs so I could twist each rail back and forth to remove mine. But they may have been there since the pool was built in '83. I bought it in foreclosure 4 years ago.

The bolts pull up a wedge that locks the rail in place. Put the screw back in a few threads and tap it down to push the wedge down.

This is what you need to do. Loosening the screw leaves the wedges pulled up tight. A little tap pushes them down and loosens them.

Hi jimi... Just stopping in for an update to see if you removed your ladder? :goodjob:

Thanks for checking in. I can get one side to come up, but the other side won't move. It will wiggle a bit, but other than that, no movement. I wonder if when it was installed some concrete got in the leg? I thought they set the legs after it cured, but just wondering.

Hi jimi... Just stopping in for an update to see if you removed your ladder? :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.