Installing Circupool Si-45 Plus and would like a sanity check please

Hello all, long time lurker.

Decided to install a SWG for this season, currently SLAMing to get ready for pool open/install.
Today's numbers (for the record)

FC 28
PH 7.6
TA 100
CH 75
CYA 70
Salt ~very little - I have 22 bags ready to go in today (with additional if needed after test), right after my last vacuum to waste.

My question, I have two returns to the pool. When installing the SWG, I would like to install a flow valve before the SWG Cell, so that I may turn flow off when adding powders to the skimmers. Do you see any issues with this? Please see the attached photo for reference.

Any additional comments welcome!

Attachments

• 20140501_191338 copy.jpg
    20140501_191338 copy.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 141
That should work, but only because you have a single speed pump. Should you get a two speed pump there won't be enough flow on low speed to work. This is because of the small diameter flex pipe, which is going to cause most of the flow to use the other return(s). There is also a remote chance that there won't be enough flow even on high/single speed.

It would be better to install the SWG cell on the main return line, that would eliminate any possible issue.

Ok, I have made updates to the photo, as I believe it caused confusion. The intention is to install the SWG and flow valve in the main return line. The main return line will be replumbed to accommodate by removing the existing plumbing as per the new photo.

I plan on replacing the existing pump next season and imagine a multispeed pump is a very real possibility. Because of this, I would like to make sure any plumbing modifications will support that. Since the SWG will be on the main return line that feeds the stairs and pool return, does your previous comment still stand? If so, should I replace the flex tube with PVC while doing this install?

Thanks for the assistance, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20140501_191338 copy.jpg
    20140501_191338 copy.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 125
Ah, that is fine. Yes, this setup looks reasonable.

Sorry for the confusion. I saw it as going in the secondary return line in the original photo, but looking back now I see that wasn't what you intended.

New Circupool Si-45 Plus install complete

As promised, here are the after pictures. The install went smoothly, with only a little difficulty repairing a stripped multiport valve screw. (please excuse the vicegrips, they will be removed after the epoxy sets)

Things accomplished:

1. Added couplers to the waste, intake and return plumbing at the multiport valve.
2. Deep clean of the sand filter (This was a terrible mess, since there is no floor drain in the pool house. The shopvac worked wonders here)
3. Replaced all seals on the pump and pump assembly
4. Installed new Intermatic T104 timer
5. Fixed incorrect wiring of common/ground at the panel (not sure how that got past inspection) and added bonding wire to pump and SWG computer. Not sure how this past inspection either.
6. Installed SWG, flow sensor and ball valve
7. First clean of the pool house (inventory, throwing away old parts and equipment left by the previous owner)

Some advice for anyone installing this particular Circupool unit.

1. Make absolutely sure that the plumbing is straight on the left and right of the SWG cell couplers. Even slight tension will cause a leak. The first try was about 1/8 inch out of square and leaked, causing a slight move of the sand filter.
2. There is no specificity in the manual of how the SWG should be installed, orientation wise. Mine is currently oriented with the cable to the right (or towards the filter).

Really happy and relieved to have this done and looking forward to the season!

2spXeDx.jpg

jqA1gHM.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.