1st water test; New Fill; 1st time pool owner

May 5, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
My very first pool is installed and should be finished filling today.
Since the water level is now within reach, I did a complete test of it with my new TF-100 kit :cool:

Here are the results; assuming I did everything correctly:

FC: 0.5
CC: 1.5
TC: 2.0
CH: 50
TA: 40
PH: 7.2
CYA: 0

The bleach that I bought and will be using is the store brand from Target. Its regular bleach, 121 oz jug and says Active Ingredient Sodium Hypochlorite 8.25%, Other Ingredient 91.75%, Yields 7.86% Available Chlorine-----is that the number I should use in PoolMath (7.86%)?

Trying to determine what I will need to add to my water once its full and ready.
Thanks

Plug 8.25% into Poolmath.

While you're at Target, pick up some Borax and some Baking Soda to raise pH and TA a little. I'd target 7.4 pH and 70 TA. If you overshoot a little because the pool volume is slightly off, it's no big deal. If you undershoot, it's easy to add more.

You also need to add 30+ppm of CYA ... you can find the stabilizer/conditioner at Walmart.

I think I would skip the borax and just raise the TA some with baking soda, pH will generally climb on its own.

If you leave your pump on 24/7 that is fine. Or hang it in front of the return jet. Give it a few squeezes every so often.

Once it is dissolved, assume it is active (to determine your FC levels), but do not test for a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.