careingemt

Sep 11, 2013
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
This is my first test with my new TF-100 kit. I must say I am impressed how it works it gives you an exact # no guessing
here are my results providing I counted the drops and did not miss one

T.C. = 6.5
F.C. = 6
C.C. = 0.5
P.H. = 7.2 - 7.4
T.A. = 90
C.H. = 225
CYA = 40

Note : cya was added 5 days ago so im not sure if this reading is true. (tfp says it may take one week for cya to show up)

I would say ph is not swinging around.... last week water tested at pool store P.H. was 7.8

quick question,

if c.c. stays at or below 0.5 no need to slam right ?

add a stick of chlorine when F.C. goes under ?

when to test again ?

I guess I don't want to create a problem with son he has allergies I know he was fine last year. Scared I guess ... he had heart surgery @ 3 mths old been through alot

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I guess I don't want to create a problem with son he has allergies I know he was fine last year. Scared I guess ... he had heart surgery @ 3 mths old been through a lot

If you are concerned about your son's immune system, keeping an adequate FC level is key. Using liquid chlorine to maintain FC has the added benefit of not affecting your pool's chemistry in other ways such as lowering the pH or increasing the CYA, which will cause problems down the road by requiring higher levels of FC to keep the pool adequately sanitized.

Definitely a good idea. After you understand the side effects (from other ingredients) of the other chlorine options you'll find yourself reluctantly concluding that "liquid chlorine" (chlorinating liquid) is the best choice.

You'll probably also find yourself thinking "if only they made <solid chlorine product> without <ingredient, CH or CYA> my life would be so much easier" ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll toss in two points. Medical related.

(cardiac) I can say if(per his MD) it is safe for your son to swim in any pool, a pool chlorinated with liquid chlorine aka bleach is perfectly safe.

(allergies)There are actually less ingredients in Liquid chlorine than in the Chlorine sticks. So knowing this you're at less risk for an allergic reaction with liquid chlorine.

I applaud your care and caution, these things seem less and less common.

New test results

Please do not start a new thread for every set of test results. Keeping it all together keeps your story together. Thanks, jblizzle

Opinions please

PH. 7.2
fc. 4
cc. .5
Tc 4.5
CH. 225
ta. 80
cya. 23 - 28

Not sure if cya is accurate

First there is no way the CYA should have dropped from 40 to under 30 unless you replaced a lot of water. Are you doing it in bright indirect light with the tube at your waist?

Everything else is fine.

Tube at waist .... all tests done in garage under florescent lights and 2. 40 watt bulbs tests done after I put son to bed at 9 pm

TESTED WITH TFT 100

PH - 7.2
FC. - 9
CC. - .5
TC. - 9.5
CH - 175
TA. - 80

CYA

TESTED. AT. POOL STORE
DROP TEST

CYA. - 40

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.