What is "THE DEFINATIVE" best vacuum head for vinyl liner

May 13, 2013
Hey, thanks again TFP for all the help. I just opened my pool. I was a new BBB guy as of last year. I didn't really check on the pool over our heavy snow winter. It is a bit green, but some SLAM should help with that. I'm about to go to Menards and buy the BOGO 12% for 2 bucks a gallon. I am planning on stocking up BIG TIME!

Anyway... I can't find my vacuum head from last year, lol. I think I threw it away because the bristles were messed up and missing on two of the triangular edges. Plus it always "sucked" to the vinyl liner if I wasn't careful. So I think I might have just pitched it during close down time, can't really remember. But I can't find it.

What's the best MANUAL vinyl liner vacuum head? I'd like to get a robot or The Pool Cleaner down the road, but right now I just need something to get the heavy bottom stuff out, manually. Are the triangular heads the best? Thanks for any help. I plan on Amazon Priming whatever I get so I can get on with opening the pool. Thanks.

I have the triangular blue translucent one... I bought it at Lowes a few weeks ago. I've owned one before and they do a pretty decent job. I've no complaints with it.

We see that question a lot on TFPC, regardless of the product. What is the VERY best pump? What is the VERY best filter? What is the VERY best vac head.

It, of course, is impossible to answer. It's sort of like asking what is the VERY best fast food? We all have preferences and personal experience we can relay but definitively picking the best is pretty impossible.

I bought an an inexpensive one from Lowe's that I think is unbranded. Then, it didn't work well in my large pool so I purchased a $100 dollar (I think) 24" head that was made by Lifegard. It works great for me but is complete overkill for average or smaller pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.