Strange Situations Abound....

vsat88

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2013
Phenix City, AL.
Hello all ( again) ...Got myself a new liner this year and have kept up all maintenance nicely.. The problem I seem to have is this... Green algae on the sides...ONFCT passes with less than 0.5 FC drop. The water is very clear except when I brush the sides then it gets just a bit hazy but not much. That clears out overnight. I am running my pump 24/7 . My PH is 7.4 and steady. My TA is 110. CYA is 70. I kept her up at 15 FC for at least 2 days and I really dont know what else to do...I am having to brush a thin layer of algae off the sides every other day... SLAM and keep it there till no algae ? If so ..please give me a reccomended level to keep the FC at as I would just as soon not bleach the new liner. Thanks all ! OH BTW.. I also used Polyquat...Got it from the pool store nearby so it was probably full of sewer water Tee Hee...

If you see algae, then you are not done SLAMing. And a FC of 15 is way too low for a 70ppm CYA for the slam process.
Pool School or PoolMath will tell you the correct FC level and it is safe for your liner.

If you see algae, then you are not done SLAMing. And a FC of 15 is way too low for a 70ppm CYA for the slam process.
Pool School or PoolMath will tell you the correct FC level and it is safe for your liner.

My bad, I was using another graph and mis-calculated totally. I am not at all good with math. I have taken your advice and have corrected my error. I know see that my SLAM FC should be 30 ...With best regards..Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.