Easytouch solar settings

Apr 7, 2013
Westfield, in
First off, this is my 1st post, but I have read nearly 1000 topics on the forum over the last year, and I feel like I have been able to learn everything I ever wanted to know about pools here, so thanks everyone!

On the easytouch solar settings, they give you choices on what temp difference between water temp and solar temp to activate the valve. I always keep it on the minimum, which I think is 3 or 4, but why would there be a choice? Is there any advantages of choosing a higher difference? Will the pool get warmer quicker if the panels are 9 degrees warmer before the valve moves? Does anyone have any guidelines for the "best" settings, or any good reason for their settings?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

The difference this setting makes is fairly minor, a little fine detail optimization for those who care. Smaller temperature differences mean little heat gained while the temperature difference is small. If your electric rates are high, or the noise bothers you, there is little value to running in those conditions, so might as well turn it off. But if your primary goal is heat gain, there is some heat gain even at low temperature differences, so might as well go for it.

Most people have no reason to think about this setting, as the default is fine for nearly everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.