Liner Sagging

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
:(

IMG_1395.jpg

Hopefully the installer will come and fix.

The same thing is happening to my friends pool, but their's is older, at least 10 years. Is the fix simple? Can it be done on older pools? What causes it? They are thinking of selling, so they don't want to spend to much on the pool at this point.

jjdurrant said:
Thanks Waste.. I could probably fix it myself if I put a bit more effort into it. But I paid good money and the liner is new. So, I feel the installer should correct.

You are correct that the fix is on him! However I thought giving my little nugget on liner tucks a bump might help a few people with similar problems. It is sometimes hard to get them (the PB) to come out in a timely manner :hammer: especially for a liner tuck and if you could do it yourself with minimal effort, it'd be 1 less thing to worry about 8)

Enjoy the pool! Hope the dudes come out soon to pop your liner back in! :)

I can't see that you would be calling the PB lazy when he's already responded to your e-mail and says he'll send someone out tomorrow to fix it :scratch: ... Oh, I get it, the bead coming out :lol:

It happens fairly frequently and for a few different reasons.

#1 is that the liner wasn't fully tucked in to begin with :( If you go out and look at the bead where it's popped out, you should notice a barb on the backside of the bead. It's possible to install a liner bead that looks like it's all the way in place (the barb locked in) but needs another ~ 1/ 100" to be all the way in and fully catch. I can feel when it catches but someone who is new to installing liners (or doesn't have 20 years experience) might not - no biggie it's easy enough to fix, it'd be better if it didn't need to be fixed, but no harm is coming to the pool nor liner by having it slide out a little for a couple of days.

#2 the track that the bead attaches to is either warped or ants have built their colony in the track and bumped out the bead. With a warp, usually found in the corners where they have too bend the coping, a little liner lock solves the problem. Ant colonies need to be cleared out before the track will accept the bead again.

#3 the liner floats due to water build up under the liner and the bead pops out - liner lock will help prevent this, but you've gotta take care of the source of the floating liner.

I hope this answers the question, if not - just let me know and I'll try it again :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PB just stopped out... liner is good as new again. Really nice guy. He was amazed by my water.. he asked who was doing the maint. He was even more floored when I said me.. Of course, he had to ask what I was doing.. I should Clorox and Trichlor sticks and I think he almost had a heart attack. He was cool, but of course skeptical. I told him to checkout TFP! :) I even showed him the test kit which he seemed interested in purchasing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.