Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Sagging

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Sagging

Hopefully the installer will come and fix.
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Sagging

The same thing is happening to my friends pool, but their's is older, at least 10 years. Is the fix simple? Can it be done on older pools? What causes it? They are thinking of selling, so they don't want to spend to much on the pool at this point.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure what caused it.. I already emailed the installer. I tried tucking it back in to no avail. We will see what he says.

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow, jj, your brand new liner

Hopefully your installer will be back for a quick fix!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yea, it sucks. The installer is a great guy though. I am sure he will make it right.

6. Back To Top    #6

Y'all might want to take a look here for some tips on getting a liner back in track
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Waste.. I could probably fix it myself if I put a bit more effort into it. But I paid good money and the liner is new. So, I feel the installer should correct.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by jjdurrant
    Thanks Waste.. I could probably fix it myself if I put a bit more effort into it. But I paid good money and the liner is new. So, I feel the installer should correct.
    You are correct that the fix is on him! However I thought giving my little nugget on liner tucks a bump might help a few people with similar problems. It is sometimes hard to get them (the PB) to come out in a timely manner especially for a liner tuck and if you could do it yourself with minimal effort, it'd be 1 less thing to worry about 8)

Enjoy the pool! Hope the dudes come out soon to pop your liner back in!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

9. Back To Top    #9

PB already replied to my email and will be out tomorrow to rectify. I am curious though, is this common, or simply laziness on the PB's part?

10. Back To Top    #10

I can't see that you would be calling the PB lazy when he's already responded to your e-mail and says he'll send someone out tomorrow to fix it ... Oh, I get it, the bead coming out

It happens fairly frequently and for a few different reasons.

#1 is that the liner wasn't fully tucked in to begin with If you go out and look at the bead where it's popped out, you should notice a barb on the backside of the bead. It's possible to install a liner bead that looks like it's all the way in place (the barb locked in) but needs another ~ 1/ 100" to be all the way in and fully catch. I can feel when it catches but someone who is new to installing liners (or doesn't have 20 years experience) might not - no biggie it's easy enough to fix, it'd be better if it didn't need to be fixed, but no harm is coming to the pool nor liner by having it slide out a little for a couple of days.

#2 the track that the bead attaches to is either warped or ants have built their colony in the track and bumped out the bead. With a warp, usually found in the corners where they have too bend the coping, a little liner lock solves the problem. Ant colonies need to be cleared out before the track will accept the bead again.

#3 the liner floats due to water build up under the liner and the bead pops out - liner lock will help prevent this, but you've gotta take care of the source of the floating liner.

I hope this answers the question, if not - just let me know and I'll try it again
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

11. Back To Top    #11

PB just stopped out... liner is good as new again. Really nice guy. He was amazed by my water.. he asked who was doing the maint. He was even more floored when I said me.. Of course, he had to ask what I was doing.. I should Clorox and Trichlor sticks and I think he almost had a heart attack. He was cool, but of course skeptical. I told him to checkout TFP! I even showed him the test kit which he seemed interested in purchasing!