Just got my TF-100 and this is what I see...

normc

May 4, 2014
Flower Mound, TX
12000 Gal in ground pebble tech pool.

FC 24 PPM
TC 24 PPM
CH 250
TA 170
CYA 80
PH 7.5
Salt 3000 PPM - By titration
using strips it shows 3.8 which seems to indicate less than 1000 PPM. My SWG indicates 3900, and test from pool store last week showed 3000 also, so I tend to trust the titration test. Not sure what is going on with the salt test strips.

Turned the SWG down from 50% to 25% to see if FC starts to drop. Guess I could turn it off for a few days.

From the SWG water balance info on this site I see that my TA is high.

What should I do if anything to the pool? Which measurements are most likely to be off for a newbee?

Thanks,
Norm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I would highly recommend that you get in it and :swim:

The FC is a little high, but still safe and will drop. Everything else is fine. The TA will slowly come down on its own as your keep the pH in range.

Actually, the test that can often be high is the TA if you are not getting well formed drops due to static electricity. Did you wipe the tip? Did the drops look too small?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I need to get it a little warmer before I swim in it :) but the kids will most likely be in it this weekend.

I did do the wipe between each drop and the drops looked "big" to me, but they were a consistent size. I'll probably do the tests again on Sunday just to get a little more practice. Then I will see how different it is from today.

Now to fix the heater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.