New Plaster and Sheer Descents

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
I have a brand new pool freshly plastered and filled with water this past Tuesday. The builder's literature says I can't use my sheer descent for 4 weeks. Why?? The guy who came out and turned on all of the equipment yesterday said when I asked him why, "That's a bunch of nonsense.....it's water...water isn't going to hurt your plaster.....you can run them now" Then why would this very reputable builder put it in their literature??? Thanks, Doug

If you mean the waterfall, if its hitting the plaster directly as its falling I would say no while its curing. If its just falling into the pool with gap to the wall of the pool -should be fine

Only think I can think of is the returns are shooting water away from the plaster and thus not really disturbing the water next to the plaster, while the water fall is going to cause turbulence and swirling in the water right next to the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.