Aquatrol factory settings

JcNwa

Apr 15, 2014
Arkansas
i just added salt to my 14k gallons agp. The Aquatrol previous the salt was reading 2800 ppm. now after adding 320 lbs of sand is reading HI. how do i get it to read the right level so i can start chlorinating?

What does an independent salt test say?

When cells start to fail they report lower salt than reality. If you did not verify the actual salt level before adding 320 pounds, then the salt level could very well be too high and you will have to replace water to lower it.

Most SWGs can not be "calibrated".

- - - Updated - - -

For that matter, that 320 lbs added 2800ppm of salt to your pool. If you were already at 2800ppm ... then now you may be at 5600ppm which is way too high for most SWGs.

How did you decide to add 320 pounds more salt?

Is a new install. Tap water was just added. My town report says they they salt content is less than 100 ppm. The aquatrol was reading 2800 with no salt ever added to the water. So it wasnt 320 more it was 320 initial.

Did you let the pool circulate for 24 hours after the salt was added before you turned on the SWG? The initial reading can be ignored. It is an average over some amount of time, and the initial reading doesn't really have much to average. My guess is if you just let the water circulate another day and then turn on the SWG the reading will settle in to what you have actually added. Try that and check back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.