TA level ok?

Ok I am on day 5 of my new pool. I was raising my TA and PH from previous days readings. In making a last adjustment to my PH from 7.2 to 7.5 my TA rose to 110 from 90. Is this an ok level? I have seen 70 to 90 and I have seen 100 to 150 as being safe levels. Also for an above ground vinyl pool is it important to test anything other then FC,CC, PH and TA? I plan to test CYA on Sunday Monday as I added stabilizer on this past Sunday.

You should only adjust TA if you are having a hard time keeping a consistent pH level. Whatever TA keeps your pH happy is good. If your pH has rapid rise or drop then you will adjust your TA to stabilize the pH.

Test the CH at the beginning of the season. You want a minimum of 50ppm of CH. If you have high CH ( over 350 ppm) you will need to keep a closer watch on it to prevent scale. Then you would want to keep the TA low to help keep the pH low to prevent scale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.