Manual vacuum head

hurt5150

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2013
Missouri
Does anyone have a preference for a manual vacuum head style or brand? I have an automatic pool cleaner but it always misses spots so I am going to get a manual head to get those areas. I see triangle shaped ones, rectangle shapes, some with wheels, some with brushes, some without. I am leaning towards one that is kind of rectangular shaped with some little brushes on the side but I would like to know opinions and pros or cons of the various shapes. Thanks!

All I can say is avoid the HTH vacuum head. I bought one recently when mine broke and the only ones at the pool store where for plaster pools. The HtH has a dual size hose connector, so the actual opening is 1 1/4" instead of 1 1/2". Makes a big difference when you are vacuuming a lot of leaves. It clogs up tight very quickly.

I have thought a triangular head would be nice for getting behind the steps a little more.

I have a triangle shape one. Works pretty good. Only thing about this thing is it has brushes on the bottom of it. If you try and move it too fast, the brushes will stir stuff up on the bottom too much for it to get sucked in. Go slow with this, and it works well.

Disclaimer: This is the only one i have ever used, so there might be better ones that I wouldn't know about.
http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/Deluxe-Vacuum-Head.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.