Much better CYA levels thanks to lots of snow

Jun 16, 2013
Last summer I joined TFP and spent most of the swimming season replacing water trying to lower CYA of 130 plus. Just used new Taylor test kit, aided by videos and magnetic stirrer. Really had a hard time figuring out exactly when dot disappeared but looks like CYA is now between 70 and 80! One good thing about the loads of snow we had here in Michigan this winter, probably the ONLY good thing. Still a little higher than ideal but with water replacement by rain and hose this summer and adding no cya thru pucks it should be much more manageable than last year.

Last year we opened to a green swamp that took over a week to clear, this yr water is clear. Also hubby replaced sand in filter this spring so hoping for improved filtration as well.

FC was at 2.2 when I tested after letting water circulate a few hours, CC was just barely there, maybe .2. PH at 7. 4 Added 2 gallons pool chlorine to get up to where should be for CYA levels, test again tomorrow.

My pool is almost over flowing from Spring rains. You're probably will be too which will lower the CYA more. Keep an eye on it over the next few weeks if you guys get heavy rains. FYI... Sand should never have to be replaced unless a pool is going through a BAQ conversion. It doesn't go bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.