Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I need a bit of an education here.

Every year at one point or another, my liner lifts about an inch off the floor in about a 6' x 2' area in the deep end. I've resigned myself to believe this is due to ground water. I've learned to live with it, but the most frustrating thing is that our Hayward Ultra Pool Cleaner gets hung up as the suction pulls the liner up to block the inlet of the cleaner.

I'm guessing I will have this problem with all suction cleaners.
I'm not sure if either a pressure cleaner or Robot would be any different. (Don't they all essentially suck dirt off the liner)

Any recommendations on a cleaner that would still work when liner is raised about an inch from the floor?

Thanks,
Carl

Welcome to TFP!

I can't really answer your actual question. Some might be better other worse, I'm not sure.

But it should be possible to minimize the amount the floor comes up by raising the water level in the pool as high as possible during the time when this is an issue

Thanks Jason, I'm sure that will help.
My Hayward Ultra is on its last legs, and I'm exploring the alternatives.

Is there any fundamental design differences between the Suction Cleaners, Pressure Cleaners or Robot cleaners that would make eliminate/reduce the cleaner
getting stuck on a loose liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.