New pool project

May 5, 2014
NJ
We started our new backyard project! The Intex 16' metal frame has been decommissioned and our new 21' AGP is now up! I cannot even begin to thank everyone for the wealth of information on this site!

This is the perfect topper for our backyard which already has a zipline and a "park area." We purchased a 21'x54' from ThePoolFactory and their service was awesome! The deck footings for around the pool have been poured and we start that this week. Since I have well, the local Fire Dept filled our pool for a small donation. Here's some pics of the progress so far:

photob.jpg
photo 1a.jpg
photo 3a.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo.jpg

Now only if the weather could cooperate!

A zip line, park area and now a pool! Do you have all the neighborhood kids over too? :mrgreen: That sounds like a fun backyard!!! :cool:

Welcome. Please do keep sharing pics of your deck build. While you're here, read Pool School several times as home work and ask questions. They're all answered in pool school but if you can't find it, ask. And definitely order the TF100 test kit and take control of your pool from the start! You won't regret it! :goodjob: The pool looks fabulous!!! Also... ad your pool specs to your signature.

A zip line, park area and now a pool! Do you have all the neighborhood kids over too? :mrgreen: That sounds like a fun backyard!!! :cool:

Welcome. Please do keep sharing pics of your deck build. While you're here, read Pool School several times as home work and ask questions. They're all answered in pool school but if you can't find it, ask. And definitely order the TF100 test kit and take control of your pool from the start! You won't regret it! :goodjob: The pool looks fabulous!!! Also... ad your pool specs to your signature.

Thanks for all your advise. Will order a test kit tomorrow. And yes, Casey, the neighborhood kids are always here..... But my kids are at that age that I would rather them be here then somewhere I'm not :)

I hear you! I always had the neighborhood kids at our house too and they had pools! Mine was just cleaner! :mrgreen:

Finally some progress! Weather has been stinky but I should have this buttoned up this weekend!

The 1st of many girder sections:
IMG_1636_zps9b82f616.jpg

All the girder beams are up. Plan is connect it to the lower platform that already existed:
IMG_1657_zps9127cc71.jpg

Joists are up:
IMG_1662_zps63b9818d.jpg

Framing the steps:
IMG_1669_zps8f629076.jpg

Almost done with the steps:
IMG_1676_zps2fc716ad.jpg

Posts are up ready for the vinyl sleeves:
IMG_1677_zpsb12a4874.jpg

Some perspective on the distance from the house:
IMG_1681_zps3a18056f.jpg

From the far end:
IMG_1682_zps49b29e07.jpg

Kids play area. They wanted the zip line to drop them off into the pool. Sounded like a fun idea but then visions of insurance claims got the best of me:
IMG_1666_zpsaa6ced99.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
More Progress!!

Railing is up and the skirting is moving along.
IMG_1717_zps674e9777.jpg

Skirting around the stairs and closed the gap between the old platform and new deck.
IMG_1718_zps80d78e2e.jpg

Gate in place.
IMG_1720_zps92edc31e.jpg

Angled railing so the deck does not interfere with the zip line.
IMG_1719_zps94137120.jpg

View from above:
IMG_1721_zpsd716d49c.jpg

A few finishing touches to go but we are 80% there! Speakers and post lights being delivered Friday! Now only if the weather would get above 75 degrees! lol

Thanks for the comments! The kids have been dying to go swimming and have even braved the 74 degree water temperature! I think the chilly weather will finally move out this weekend. Weather has been fantastic for building, just stinky for swimming :)

Thanks for the comments! The kids have been dying to go swimming and have even braved the 74 degree water temperature! I think the chilly weather will finally move out this weekend. Weather has been fantastic for building, just stinky for swimming :)

My water temp was around 76 at 2 feet deep when I was installing our skimmer last night. Close to 78 on the surface. I feel your pain! I prefer temps to be low to mid 80's.

The deck looks fabulous!

My pool is hovering at 72 degrees! It's pretty breath taking when you first get in and after that, it's really nice, as long as the sun is out! :mrgreen:

Wrapping this project up and thought I would share the final product!

E06B54FD-2ACC-4FB5-ABA3-EF609D5297D1_zpsnt1ppvby.jpg

All cleaned up and stained. Missing one post cap. Doah!

816E44B7-0AC5-45E8-8DD1-183B7180B742_zps0aiockn6.jpg

Posts lights and speakers in place.

1AFEE711-E0B6-4E6A-B073-9E3F305B3CBB_zpsjxzcxm81.jpg

6EEED32F-765D-498A-AC68-6CB9D0B778E2_zpsrfjylddn.jpg

Furniture being delivered this week and I'm ready to relax after this build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.