Call the leak detector or the guy with the video monitor on the drain snake?

May 7, 2014
Lewisville, TX
Hi
So, My pool has 3 skimmers with 2 not working at all. One of it has always got a plug in the skimmer by the time we got the house. I am guessing there is a break in the skimmer line. The other skimmer is having a very bad clog or may be broken. My question is I keep reading about leak detection and video montiring of underground plumbing etc with a snake.. So, which of these two should I be having to do to figure out whre the break is in the line? I called American Leak detection but they charge arounf 325 which is kind of high for my budget. I found a company who is willing to do the leak detection on my plumbing lines for 150 or so.. However I want to know for sure I am going the right path.

PS: We already tried C02 can, Drain King etc but got nothing out of it.

Please help.

Thanx

Can the video monitor make it through 90 degree fittings? If it can, then I'd take that before a detector. I've had a leak detection company come out and miss three times trying to find a leak under a house slab. The original leak was spraying against a second pipe running near it and made the guy believe it was the one leaking.

Would a leak detector detect a leak in a suction line (skimmer)? There wouldn't be any water leaking (unless under positive pressure), there would only be air leaking into the line.
I ended up digging and listening for where the leak was.
(see my post "Before I dig...") I have sort of the same issue, but only one skimmer line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.