Taylor K-2006 vs TF-100 Test Kits

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
This is my second year with my pool. I need to order a new test kit as I don't trust my reagents from last year.

I used the Taylor K-2006 kit last year and by mid Summer I was basically able to test my water in a matter of minutes. I knew how to run all the tests so well I could do them without even thinking about it. It's the only kit I have ever used and the obviously the only one I am familiar with.

If I go with the TF-100 kit - will there be a learning curve? Do I have to learn how to perform all the tests again? Are there much in the way of differences as to how the water is actually tested between the two kits??

Thanks!
Dan

The only difference between the TF-100 and the K-2006 is the amount of reagents. Same kit, basically, with more of what you use. Dave gets a good deal on the reagents bought in bulk, and repackages them in sizes that will last us a good season.

There is a difference in the pH tests for the kits and you may not like the smaller tube size and different ranges between the two kits. You can always keep your K-2006 comparator tube and just incrementally order its associated pH reagent (R-0004 instead of the R-0014 in the TF-100). For all other tests, you'll probably like the swirling tubes of the TF-100 better, especially if you also get the SpeedStir. Also note that the TF-100 does not have the acid/base demand tests but you may not be using those anyway.

Taylor warrants their kits for one year. TFTestKits.net warrants the TF100 for 18 months. Many people here get two years out of their kits. As long as they are stored in a cool dark place they should be good for about two years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.