Clorox Outdoor Cleaning Bleach??

Tdog

Oct 26, 2007
Va Beach, VA
I was just at Lowes and noticed that they are selling "Clorox Outdoor Cleaning Bleach". Anyone know anything about it? Is it just a marketing trick?

I tried to see what the concentration was, but couldn't find it on the bottle.

Clorox outdoor bleach has additives, a thickener and "metal protection". Neither are things you are likely to want in the pool. I suggest you stick with the Clorox regular or a generic bleach without added features.

Well, I sure wish I would have read this before I started using the Outdoor Cleaning Bleach.

I have added about 7 large jugs the RedMax Outdoor Cleaning Bleach and 3 of the Clorox brand over the past couple of weeks. Today we got a big rain, and I noticed soap bubbles on the surface of the pool, and lots of foam in the skimmers. Until today, I didnt notice anything.

So, anyone have any recommendations? Is it ok to swim in? Can I just let it go and hope it goes away soon? I have a big party coming up on August 22, so I sure hope it is ok by then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.