New pool and liner install has thousands of bumps.

Sep 17, 2013
I have to get some advice. My PB installed the liner yesterday and the bottom looks like someone that has chicken pocks...thousands of small bumps all over the bottom. He says this is normal but i thought the bottom was supposed to be close to baby butt smooth. I understand you get get some debris in spots, but over the entire bottom? The bottom was a sand and portland cement mix, mixed in a mixer. I don't know what ratio they used. I tried to get some pictures but it won't show up in a picture. Best i can describe it, it looks like chicken pox, or some one was in the jungle with thousands of bug bites. I'm at a loss. You cant see it this morning with it half full of water but I'm afraid its going to look horrible with the light turned on.

Depending on the severity, it is almost impossible to get a sand or vermiculite bottom to be really smooth. Your PB is remiss in not warning you upfront.

Mine has footprints from where both cats strolled across it. Daytime, most bottoms are just fine but they look like the moon surface at night.

I am not sure if yours is extraordinarily bad or not. Probably, it is perfectly normal but your PB could've saved both you and him some hassle had he told you up front.

Have you had the light on at night? That's when you'll really see any imperfections. Some are smoother than others but all have some imperfections, including mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.