Help with privacy trees

I have a neighbors bedroom that can look directly into my pool. I have 2 daughters and there is a lot of male traffic next door. I need to know what is the best trees to plant to cover 15' to 25' in height.

I live in Brentwood ca, an hour from
SF and an hour from Sacramento. Hot summers cold winters.

The pool is being built this Friday and I am open to all tree suggestions. Thanks!

you will have to buy near mature trees..... thats gonna cost some $$$. For evergreens, I prefer Thuja Green Giants as they look a ton better than cedars/junipers, and dont become over bearing.

depending on your situation and current landscaping, you may plant a combination of bushes (Red Tipped Photinia or Boxwoods) in conjunction with a fast growing shade tree like a maple. I have blocked out a few neighbors this way, the bushes take care of it down low, the tree blocks it out up high. Stand where you want to block out and figure out where to plant what to achieve this effect.

unfortunately, I have found that its nearly impossible to get an instant screen. you can get close, but for all the gaps to fill it, it takes frugal watering, a few years, and patience.

For evergreens, I prefer Thuja Green Giants as they look a ton better than cedars/junipers, and dont become over bearing.

depending on your situation and current landscaping, you may plant a combination of bushes (Red Tipped Photinia or Boxwoods)

I agree about the Arborvitae, they will cover and don't need to be trimmed, I bought the "Emerald Green" arborvitae which is a smaller version since I didn't want them to get too big, since spring of 2011 they have grown from about 2' tall to 4' / 7'. You would prob want the green giants since you need more height. Is the window 1st or 2nd floor? here is a link with some info:http://landscaping.about.com/od/evergreentrees/p/arborvitae.htm. I also have some red stem boxwoods that are over 7" tall and 6' in diameter planted at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.