Generate chlorine on low speed?

Apr 28, 2013
GSO, NC
Wife swears the pool builder said out turbocell15 only generates chlorine when the pump is on high speed. I don't have any reason to doubt her, but would like to see it in writing. The manual for the turbo cell implies its possible, warning about low flow causing damage, then shows mounting options to keep water in the cell. Maybe there's a setting in the controller, but the manual has a lot of programming logic I don't quite want to get into. I couldn't find anything on the controller menu, it's probably hidden in the configuration menu (locked...I suppose I might have to figure out how to unlock it someday).

Any idea what is "normal", and how would I confirm? Thanks

For posterity, here is the info from my signature...
26k Gallon 18x36 Vinyl inground by Blue Haven Pool, TurboCell T-15 SWG, SmartPure ozonator,
Hayward SmartFilter cartridge with 1.5hp dual spd. Hayward SmartMax Star Pump.
Should I add anything about my controller...looks like a Hayward smartcontrol, they're pretty clever with their brand names :p

Something like that is a question of how the SWG is wired. Sometimes the SWG will be wired to the same wire that powers the pump when the pump is running on high speed. Chances are the SWG would work just fine on low speed, it is just wired to only run on high, but there is no way to be sure without trying it on low speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.