hayward skimmer HELP

Apr 23, 2012
Very easy one or so i thought I have a hayward skimmer with a square head plug in one of the inlets that is turned in so tight i cannot loosen it. I have been trying
to stay away from paying someone $100 to turn a plug out and hand it to me ad "there ya go" Anyone got any ideas. I was thinking of a pair of vise grips , but there
is only so much room to get some leverage to turn it. Also thought of a gator grip but they dont make a 1 1/2" size wrench. thougths ?????

Measure the plug to get a good estimate of the size, my plug was an 1 1/2". Run down to your nearest Home Depot and pickup a couple different sized sockets from what you measured. You will also need an extension long enough to get to the plug and a ratchet too (if you don't have them already). After you get the plug out, return the tools you purchased from Depot.

BINGO looks pricey for the actual tool. Gonna try to find a socket or gator grip or last ditch effort will be a small pair of vice grips that have a large enough bite to grab onto plug.
Thanks to everyone helping like to slap the fool who decided to wrench it in there to eternity

One other question to this dilemma i assume counter clockwise to loosen it..???? or am i tightening it even more?????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.