No flow light stays on hayward aqua trol SWG

Apr 2, 2012
South east VA
I have a Hayward aqua troll SWG, I turned it on for the first time this spring and the no flow light stays on. I had to buy a new flow switch for it this year as the one last year the wire got cut. All I did was unscrew the other one and screw the new one on. It doesn't matter what kind of flow switch it is does it? I figure they all should be about the same. I also read that you should make sure the arrows on the flow switch is facing same direction as the flow of water, but I didn't see any arrows on the switch it self.

Anything else I should look for? The wire looks good and no damage to it, everything else is connected properly. I hate to buy a new switch if it is something simple I'm missing.

The flow switch must be installed in the correct orientation. Generally they have a paddle that must be pushed by the flowing water. If they are in the wrong orientation the paddle won't move and thus will indicate no-flow.

The next step requires a multi-meter. Get the leads of the flow switch disconnected from the SWG and measure the resistance. The resistance should be very low when water is flowing and very high when the pump is off. If that is not the case, there is something wrong with the flow switch.

The flow switch must be installed in the correct orientation. Generally they have a paddle that must be pushed by the flowing water. If they are in the wrong orientation the paddle won't move and thus will indicate no-flow.

Thanks, I read someplace I can take the switch out and push the metal together and the flow light should go off which indicates it is working or not, does that really work? If so guess that is an easy test to test it out.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but have kind of a silly question. I'm about to send the switch back, is there anyway to stop the flow of water coming from the return jet without draining below it? Because when I unscrew the switch water keeps coming out from the hole that the switch was in. (At least I think its coming from the return jet)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.