Looking for the best year round cover for El Paso, TX

JohnD5000

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2013
Hello,

Recently moved to El Paso and purchased a home with a pool--my first one. While I love it, the wind and dust and leaves here in El Paso are a constant, daily headache in trying to keep my pool clean.

Thus, my wife and I were looking for a good pool cover. We are leaning towards a tight-woven mesh one custom-fitted toward our pool, but since our pool is not heated, we would also like to get a cover that raised the temperature of the pool somewhat and I'm not sure if a tight-woven mesh cover would do that. Also, in terms of the mesh cover would it be something one person could put on and take off themselves? Or are they two-person jobs?

Anyway, any help or suggestions, recommendations, thoughts, anything at all would be most helpful.

Best,

John

Covers generally just retain heat by reducing losses to evaporation and radiation. So, a solid cover would do that better than a mesh cover ... BUT, if you have a solid opaque cover on all the time, the sun will not be able to heat the water, so there will be less heat in there to even retain.

Also if you are worried about dust, I am not sure a mesh cover would be much help.

You have competing desires and you are going to have to weigh the +s and -s.

BTW, I am going to edit your signature to remove the link to your email that is in violation of forum rules.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.