During Build Process - Cost for additional LED Pool Light

Mar 4, 2014
McKinney, TX
Currently we have one Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED Pool light and another one for the spa. We're going to go with Tahoe Blue Mini Stonescapes pebble and are wanting to have the PB add a second one before rebar is done.

Would it make sense for an additional one to cost over $1,300? I know the light itself costs $500-550 on Amazon but that doesn't take in to account for their lower cost and then running electrical and housing.
It seems like a bit much going towards profit instead of helping out the person who just paid so much for a pool to be built to begin with.

on my build I paid 800 just to upgrade from Halogen to 5G LED....so 1300 to add an additional....I believe it. (FWIW, when I got the quote, I thought I was getting screwed...I still kinda do, but I've accepted it).

When I built the pool it cost a flat $500 / LED light. If you are at the rebar stage then I wouldn't think it would cost more than the cost of the first light. Maybe a 'change fee' to the contract but that seems high to me considering they can still put it in with minimal effort. Maybe they're asking for more if they have to bring a new crew out because the other lights are already installed and it's a second trip for the electrician.

That price sounds high. A Pentair 5G color change LED is around $550. The light niche that goes with it is another $50. Sounds like your pool builder is charging 2x's for the light. Who's doing the electric for your pool?? They will have to ground it thru the bond wire, to the pool rebar and back to the pool equipment deck. How far from the location of your pool to the equipment location or where the other light is going?

Sounds reasonable. Light, niche, wiring, conduit....guys gotta make a living too. Some pool builders will add in a fixed profit percentage and then up charge considerably for these things, others will overcharge initially and not nickel/dime you down the road. You'll be glad you have 2 of these - the light spread with one is not enough to adequately illuminate a moderately sized pool IMHO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.