Water Temperature (How do you get it with your pool)?

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
I have a heater that I run when its too cold to swim... I can see what the current temp is on it... but other than that all I have is a floating thermometer and it seems to be wrong more often than not... I am thinking it gets surface temps due to the depth of the thing... Is there another thing I can add to the plumbing that will give me a reading without me having to turn on my heater to check it? Or should I just leave my heater on (but in standby) while I am tracking the temps...

just not sure is all, looking to see what is common out there.

thanks

I have a digital display on my Aqua Solar controller that shows temperature in the pump room, and also keep a small aquarium style digital thermometer around for spot checks (also use it on the hot tub). The aquarium thermometer is handy as it has a 8 or so ft long sensor lead, so just toss it into the water and read the temperature while standing up. I think I paid about $10 for it off amazon

Yes it is

attachment.php

This thread is perfect, I was just debating on what crappy thermometer to buy for the season.

Change of plans, this is much better!

To mount it, does it require a PVC 1" threaded female connector..?

Speedo, what I plan to do is just like the pic above... I will use a 1.5 pressure PVC "T" with a bung that reduces to the threaded nylon insert for the thermometer...

beyond that I am not 100% sure of the size but I will know more once I get it in... Pete might be able to fill in the blanks...

I like the idea...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Im always curious which of mine to believe.

I have 3, salt cell, inline digital and floating analogue type.

Salt Cell reads 69
Inline Digital reads 75
Floating eads 71

I have the pipes insulated around the inline one.

I suspect you will get the one with a 1/2" plastic threaded "thermometer well". I have 2" plumbing, so I used a 2" T, a 1.5" reducer, then a 1.5" to 1/2" threaded plug.

Basically, you need to thread a 1/2" threaded male connection into your T, and your T into your pipe.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.