Need advice on recently opened pool

Apr 2, 2012
South east VA
Hello, I opened my pool yesterday and was green at first, I added a couple gallons of bleach and ran pump all night and now it has cleared up a little, I just added a couple more gallons of bleach this morning to hopefully clear it up more. I have a SWG, I do have it off right now until I get the watered cleared. I am going out of town tomorrow until sunday, so just looking for advice on how I should prepare before I leave to not come home to a green pool again.

My numbers I think look okay, my cya is probably a little low will add some stabilizer today. Should I turn my swg on and leave it on while I'm away or just wait until I get back?

Also any advice on my numbers or what else I should do? These numbers were taking after I added the first 2 gallons of bleach.

Thanks,

FC 7
CC.5
PH 7.3
CYA 20
TA 72

You should be following the SLAM Process to clear up the pool and not just add a few gallons here and there.

But, since you are going to be gone for many days, that is not really possible. I think the best you can do is raise the FC to SLAM level, fire up the SWG, cover the pool, and hope for the best when you return. Then follow the SLAM process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.