Salt Water Pool HELP

May 6, 2014
Georgia
I have had my 27 foot above ground pool for 1 year now. My problem now is the pool store that I bought my pool from is out of business. They were great people and took great care of my pool. Now I am on my own.
The local ace hardware can test my pool water at no charge but I dont think they have a lot knowledge on SWG above ground pools. My question is what do my numbers need to be at. I know about PH but what about other important numbers.
They keep hounding about my Calcium Hardness its at 40ppm now. Never heard of that from the pool store. I am not an idiot, just do not know a lot about this pool stuff. Thanks for hearing me out. Any help would be appreciated

Check out the recommended levels under Pool School, Pool Chemistry, Recommended Levels for SWG pools. I have a SWG pool and it is pretty easy to keep in check once you have it set. Let us know if you have any questions. Calcium hardness is easy to adjust, but the level you want depends on the type of pool you have.

Welcome! :wave:

You have a vinyl pool. Low Calcium is not going to damage it like it would a plaster pool. I will assume the hardware store is just being cautious, not malicious. Lots of people honestly don't know their surface, so it's better to assume it's plaster.

Have you visited ? The answers you want are in there.

Major hint: Invest in a proper test kit right now, before you even start reading pool school. Best value is a TF100. I suggest the XL option right now because pool stores don't usually carry the FAS-DPD reagent, and you don't want to run out. Order today, you'll have it in your paws before the weekend. Also, the speedstir is a great addition. Nobody who has one regrets buying it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.